Plasmid copy number calculation for plasmid copy calculation!

Maria de la Paz Arrieta Montiel marrieta at purdue.edu
Fri Oct 15 11:51:57 EST 1999

Hi,
   I need to know of any formulas out there for plasmid copy number
calculation i.e. target copy numbers. I have a 900bp fragment cloned
into a 3.9kb vector which I want to use as my target for a quantitative
PCR protocol. I have the concentration of my construct. what i need to
know is how to find out the approximate number of target molecules I
have put in the reaction and how to extrapolate and find out the number
of copies I will get at the end of a certain number of cycles. Your help
is highly appreciated. U can write back to marrieta at purdue.edu
thanks
maria