Gu-HCl/Acetic acid and PAGE

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer PGegen at UKans.nolospamare.edu
Fri Oct 15 20:53:00 EST 1999

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 21:07:47, seanpat at FMED2.UNCU.EDU.AR (Sean Patterson)
wrote:

ð 	A little lateral to the subject, but I seem to recall a protocol
ð for extracting proteins from polyacrylamide gel fragments using 30% H2O2.
ð Does anyone know if this does actually depolymerize a gel?

Yes, it does. I used this method ages ago -- possibly in conjunction with
another reagent like Na-perchlorate -- but I think the H2O2 works by itself.
You may have to incubate overnight at 40 to 60 C (in tightly-sealed vials;
chill before opening).

| Dr. Peter Gegenheimer       | Vox: 785-864-3939  FAX: 785-864-5321   |
| Department of               |   PGegen at UKans.nospam.edu              |
|   Molecular Biosciences     |   http://rnaworld.bio.ukans.edu/       |
|   & Dept. Evol Biology      |                                        |
| University of Kansas        |"When you have excluded the impossible, |
| 2045 Haworth Hall           |  whatever remains, however improbable, |
| Lawrence  KS  66045-2106    |  must be the truth."      S. Holmes    |