inducible promoter for E. coli

rogier stugerNOstSPAM at cellbiology.uni-frankfurt.de.invalid
Mon Oct 18 10:52:11 EST 1999

Hi people,
I want to express two different proteins (DNA gyrase & topoisomerase I)
in E. coli.
I have one gene cloned behind the lacZ promoter (inducible with IPTG),
so I need a second inducible promoter. this promoter should be
chemically inducible (no heat-inactivation of labda repressor or
similar tricks) AND the level of expression should be proportional to
the amount of inducer added, i.e. the promoter should NOT be a simple
on/off switch.

Anyone any suggestions? Is there someone out there with experience with
arabinose/nisin/tryptophane-inducible promoters?

Best wishes,
Rogier

Rogier Stuger
dept mol cell physiol