Yeast two-hybrid system

Frederik Boernke boernke at nospam.ipk-gatersleben.de
Tue Oct 19 11:23:58 EST 1999

Griffith Jones wrote:

> This is important question to ask since I am starting a new project
> involving the yeast two-hybrid system to detect protein-protein
> interactions.  I need to know which company offers the best kit for
> yeast two-hybrid: Clontech-Matchmaker two-hybrid System2,
> Invitrogen-Hybrid hunter yeast two-hybrid system, or Stratagene-HybriZAP
> 2.1 two hybrid system.  Thanks.

Difficult to answer.
Personally, I think for library construction Stratagene's system
works best. I am using libraries constructed in HybriZAP with the
Y190 reporterstrain and pGBT-9 bait vector sold by Clontech. In my
hands this combination gives the best efficiencies during
transformation.
So taking bits and pieces from different places is no bad idea really.

Good luck
Ricky

Frederik Boernke
Corrensstr. 3