luminometer suggestions

WSchick at AOL.COM WSchick at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 20 01:07:46 EST 1999

In a message dated 10/19/1999 3:24:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rjordan at writes:

> We're looking for an inexpensive, basic, microplate luminometer to do "glow"
>  type reporter assays (luciferase, b-gal, etc.) Does anyone have any
>  suggestions?
>  Thanks-
>  Rob
>  rjordan at
Try Dynex Technologies, as they have beta units of low cost luminometers for
microplates.  These are designed for clinical kit luminescence, but should be
fine for similar level assays that you might construct.  The prices should be
a little above the price of a good white light microplate reader.

Walt Schick
BioSep Co