Wanted: a E. coli system to secrete recombinant proteins

CSC un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 21 06:48:20 EST 1999

On 20 Oct 1999, Craig Werner wrote:

>     I am currently stymied in my attempts to express a particularly (so
> it seems) toxic to E. coli protein which also isn't particularly known
> for successful reconstitution from inclusion bodies.  Some months ago I
> saw an ad (or maybe a mailing) for a new vector system that secretes the
> protein into the medium as expression continues, which may provide me
> with a way out.  Unfortunately, I can't find the information anywhere.
> I hope somebody can point me in the right direction.

You can alos take a look at:
Suter-Crazzolara C, et al.
Improved expression of toxic proteins in E.
coli.
Biotechniques. 1995 Aug;19(2):202-4.
PMID: 8527136; UI: 96134516

Kind regards,

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara, PhD

* For HUSAR, W2H & GCG visit:          http://genome.dkfz-heidelberg.de *
* German             German Cancer Research Center DKFZ        European *
* EMBnet             Dept. Molecular Biophysics (H0200)            Data *
* node               INF 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany        Resource *
* - Genius -          phone ++49 6221-4223-42 fax -33           - EDR - *