Nonspecific DNA binding to Dynabeads?

Chris Dambrowitz chris at
Thu Oct 21 12:54:16 EST 1999

I've just begun using Dynabeads for PCR applications, and have been
having some problems with what appears to be non-specific binding of
non-biotinylated DNA fragments to the beads, even after repeated washes
of large volumes in 2 M NaCl.  The application that I am developing
requires virtually absolute specificity - that is, anything that isn't
biotinylated OUGHT NOT TO BE THERE.  Has anyone experienced similar
problems, or have any suggestions/words of wisdom/references???

Please reply to chris at

Thanks, in advance!

Chris Dambrowitz
University of Alberta