inducible promoter for E. coli

Mike Marr mtm5 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 22 10:43:00 EST 1999

The pBAD vectors are not titratable without some genetic manipulation of
the cells. Arabinose is actively transported into the cell so at low
concentrations of ara some cells are highly induced while others are not
induced at all. The dose dependent response is from the fraction of
cells that are totally induced.

Mike

Michael T. Marr II
Section of Biochemistry,  Molecular, and  Cell Biology
Roberts Lab
345 Biotechnology Building
Cornell University