band shift assay

Don Walthers gene_jockey26 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 13:14:28 EST 1999

I'm interested in doing a non-radioactive band shift assay. Are there
drawbacks to running the DNA-protein complex on an agarose gel and the
staining with EtBr. The fragment will be large enough to have exposed DNA
capable of being intercalated with the dye. Thanks for any comments. I have
seen references where this can be done but the author usually doesn't
elaborate since the labled DNA approach is more common.

--
Don Walthers
B.S.Microbiology U of Illinois at UC, 1996
gene_jockey26 at yahoo.com