GC melt

T. Zhang t_zhang at my-deja.com
Thu Oct 28 08:52:54 EST 1999

The Scientist published this:

Promega published this:

Paul Hengen published this:
P. N. Hengen, Methods and reagents - Optimizing multiplex and LA-PCR
with betaine, Trends in Biochemical Sciences, 22: 225-226, 1997.

Hencke et all published this:
Henke W, Herdel K, Jung K, Schnorr D, Loening SA. Betaine improves the
PCR amplification of GC-rich DNA sequences. Nucleic Acids Res 25, 1997;

In article <ZPRR3.1145$R9.11695 at news0.mobilixnet.dk>,
  "Jens Tornoe" <imjt at pop.dtu.dk> wrote:
> Hi everybody
> One of my colleagues recently bought a PCR optimizer kit from CLONTECH
> order to get the GC melt solution. It worked nicely with a very tricky
> GC-rich PCR, but it was also quite expensive to buy the entire kit
just to
> get that one solution. I looked in the references, and it appears that
> GC melt is just a betaine solution. I am considering buying a few
pounds of
> betaine to make my own GC melt. Has anybody any experience in that?
> Thanks for your advice
> Jens Tornøe
> NeuroSearch, Denmark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/