Whatman unfilter plates -vacuum

teresa_mogul at my-deja.com teresa_mogul at my-deja.com
Thu Oct 28 22:59:37 EST 1999

Hi
I wondered whether anyone uses Whatman polyfiltronics unifilter plates.
These plates extract DNA from bacteria.
My question is of reproducibility. I can sometimes detect 50cfu/ sample
by PCR of the extract and othertimes I can get no where near this
senstitivity. Do anyone know how reproducibly the plates are from one
well to another or from one plate to another.
Also I use the plate a row at a time so by the time I get top the 8th
row the fibres have been subject to much vacuum already. Although there
has been no liquid in these well previously.

Thanks for any help
Teresa

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.