Western Blot recycling

Fred dynamin at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 03:27:36 EST 1999

We use plain old, VERY cheap, sodium hydroxide - 0.2 M, 20 min, room
temp.  Exactly as originally described, except we strip 20 min rather
than 5.  Works great almost every time!!  Occcasionally some leech
through from previous antibody, but not common.  THE BEST method we have
tried.  We have reprobed 10 times in one case.

Suck, R.W. & Krupinska, K. (1996) Repeated probing of western blots
obtained from coomassie brilliant blue-stained or unstained
polyacrylamide gels.  BioTechniques 21, 418-422.

phil