DNA Strider for PC

Bernard Murray, PhD spam at 127.0.0.1
Fri Oct 29 01:02:27 EST 1999

In article <c1.2b5.2SjMLT$09B at SCOTGATE2.DEMON.CO.UK>,
Chris at scotgate2.demon.co.uk wrote:

> On 26 Oct 1999 19:00:05 GMT, jtho at neuron.neurosurgeryery.washington.edu wrote:
> >Is there an equivalent of DNA Strider for the PC (windows or linux)?  I would
> >rather have something free or shareware.
>
> I'd be interested in something like this aswell!!
>
> Sometimes the thoughtpower required to do some simple
> stuff with GCG is a little daunting at 9:00am on a
> Monday!! (or midnight on Saturday, take your pick!)

What ever happened to GeneRunner?  Did Hastings Software disappear
completely?  That would be a pity as that was the best program in
its class for quite some time (certainly in the "not obscenely priced"
category).
   At the moment, for the restriction analysis side of things, I
use tacg (Linux or DOS).  The price certainly can't be beaten
(thanks, Harry).

   Bernard

--
Bernard P. Murray, PhD