DNA Strider for PC

Bernard Murray, PhD spam at
Fri Oct 29 01:02:27 EST 1999

In article <c1.2b5.2SjMLT$09B at SCOTGATE2.DEMON.CO.UK>,
Chris at scotgate2.demon.co.uk wrote:

> On 26 Oct 1999 19:00:05 GMT, jtho at neuron.neurosurgeryery.washington.edu wrote:
> >Is there an equivalent of DNA Strider for the PC (windows or linux)?  I would
> >rather have something free or shareware.
> I'd be interested in something like this aswell!!
> Sometimes the thoughtpower required to do some simple
> stuff with GCG is a little daunting at 9:00am on a
> Monday!! (or midnight on Saturday, take your pick!)

What ever happened to GeneRunner?  Did Hastings Software disappear
completely?  That would be a pity as that was the best program in
its class for quite some time (certainly in the "not obscenely priced"
   At the moment, for the restriction analysis side of things, I
use tacg (Linux or DOS).  The price certainly can't be beaten
(thanks, Harry).

Bernard P. Murray, PhD
bpmurray at cgl . ucsf . edu
Department of Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology, UCSF