How to see small fragment of DNA ?

Chris H Lindley chris at
Sat Oct 30 09:04:05 EST 1999

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:38:11 +0200, alaska1 at wrote:
>I`m looking for a system which make a possible checking cutting
>activity of restrictase BspLU11L. I cut some fragmentrs of DNA, but I
>don`t know how to check efficiency of my enzyme. Fragments after
>cutting are 500 and 4 bp big. Is it possible detect that small (4 bp)
>fragments ?

Well never done it, but when I order my primers they usually
come with a digitised gel image (PAGE). (no idea of the %
or other stuff) So I would assume if you have enough of the DNA
present a 4bp fragment would show  up if my 20bp primers do!!
Perhaps somebody with actual practical experience would comment?

¦  Chris H. Lindley                                  Yorkshire, UK  ¦
¦  chris at     Ferg on #os/2 and #os2uk, EFnet  ¦
¦  WarpUK:UK OS/2 Users group           ¦
¦  Molecular Biology & OS/2       ¦