in situ hybridization

Zhao Qingsun qzhao at www.ansc.purdue.edu
Fri Sep 3 18:40:05 EST 1999

Hi, all:

I need help about the in situ hybridization. I am doing in situ
hybridization using DIG-labeled RNA probe in zebrafish.The problem now I
am meeting is that the non-specific signal of sense probe (control) is
stronger or as that of the antisense probe. My sense probe is 128 base
long and the antisense probe is 177 base long. I used LiCl to
precipitate(purify) the probes and denaturing gel shows that each of
them is one band. Does someone have some suggestions about it? Thank you
for your help.

Qinghsun Zhao