using UV absorbance scans to 'measure' homogeneity of proteins

Frank Fürst ffrank at
Wed Sep 8 11:26:09 EST 1999

David schrieb:
> Thank you to everyone for your replies. It is much appreciated.
 As suggested, good ways to study this include gel filtration and
> analytical ultracentrifugation, which we have done for our system, but I
> had recently heard the advice that one should always as a first step, look
> at the UV280 scan to see if there are aggreagates, which was what prompted
> my original question.
Look at my first posting today.

Bye, Frank
Frank Fuerst, Institute of Biochemistry of Potsdam University
Im Biotechnologiepark, D-14943 Luckenwalde
Tel.: +49-3371-681334;   Fax: +49-3371-681339
I'm SignatureVirus 99! Copy me into your signature and join the fun!