Protein electrophoresis antioxidant

Rob Jordan rjordan at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 8 18:01:33 EST 1999

I've just started doing Western blots and I have a question I can't seem to
find and answer to. I've been using precast gels and the manufacturer
recommends using an antioxidant when you run reduced samples (which I'm
doing). They sell an antioxidant which apparently works fine. I can't seem
to find any references as to what the (or some suitable) antioxidant is. Can
I use something that's easy to make or should I just keep buying it? It's
not really expensive, but if it's something I have on the shelf I may as
well make my own.

Thanks-
Rob

--