Martin Offterdinger a8803349.nospam at
Mon Sep 13 05:38:46 EST 1999

>I'm doing IPs with 20 ul of a 50% protein A-Sepahrose in a total volume
>of 1 ml of lysis buffer... I find that I can barely see a 'pellet'
>forming after centrifugation. Am I using too little protein
Hi Neal!
1) A sepharose pellet is rather clear and not easily visible
2) Are you sure that you added any beads? This is not too trivial as
the beads are difficult to pipet as a suspension. I  usually do the
following:  Suspend beads vigoruosly
Cut a yellow tip with a razor blade. Use this broadened tip to pipett
the beads.
Hope this is of some interest to you!
Martin Offterdinger
Internal Med.I,Dept. Oncology