Na cacodylate

Matt Thomas mthomas at
Mon Sep 13 09:50:20 EST 1999

In article <24xz3.382$y4.21866 at>, frank at (Bart
Frank) wrote:

>What does cacodylate do to DNA (oligonucleotides in particular)?

I vaguley recall that cocodylate is 3'deoxy-ATP.  I remember reading a paper
where they used it to inhibit the poly A polymerase in yeast.  But this is
all a vague memory and I could be wrong.  But if I'm right, I would think ti
wouldn't do anything to DNA oligos.
Matthew Thomas, Ph. D
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida
mthomas at

"I refrain from publishing for fear that disputes and
controversies may be raised against me by ignoramuses."
   Sir Isaac Newton, correspondence to Liebniz