circular vs liniar genomes

Chris Boyd chrisb at hgu.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Sep 15 04:50:25 EST 1999

Ruth-Anne Sandaa (ruth.sandaa at im.uib.no) wrote:
: Could somebody help me with an easy method to discriminate between circular
: and linear dsDNA by PFGE?
: I have some viruses which results in a band at approx. 450 kb, and want to
: show if they are circular or linear dsDNA genomes.

See:

   Wang, M. and Lai, E. (1995) `Pulsed field separation of large
   supercoiled and open-circular DNAs and its application to bacterial
   artificial chromosome cloning.' Electrophoresis, 16, 1-7.

Best wishes,
--
Chris Boyd                      | from (but not \  MRC Human Genetics Unit
Christopher.Boyd at hgu.mrc.ac.uk  | much longer)  /      Crewe Rd, Edinburgh