yeast three hybrid

John Sinclair js69 at medschl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 16 09:14:33 EST 1999

We have been trying to use an Invitrogen RNA-protein hybrid hunter system
(yeast three hybrid assay) using premade yeast selection media from
Clonetech.
The Invitrogen yeast strain for the interaction assay L40uraMS2 should only
grow in media lacking Histidine (- His) if RNA protein interactions between
"bait" and "prey" allow activation of the promoter driving the His reporter.
Apparently, the Invitrogen system details a minimal yeast selection medium
called YC but we have been using a minimal yeast selection medium from
Clonetech called SD. In our hands the L40uraMS2 yeast strain which should
not grow on YC - His medium does grow on SD - His. Is anyone in the UK using
the Invitrogen yeast three hybrid system and would be willing to let us
contact them about growth selection etc ?
Many thanks.
John Sinclair