RNA from senescing leaves

Jarmo Schrader Jarmo.Schrader.removethis at genfys.slu.se
Fri Sep 17 04:33:25 EST 1999

Dear all,

we are trying to isolate RNA from senescing Populus leaves - so far
without success. We have tried a Guadinium method from Current protocols,
a Quiagen RNeasy kit and a CETAB - based method designe for pine needles.
All work fine on younger leaf tissue but not on green leaves about to turn
yellow.

Any ideas what is wrong? Too much RNase activity? Do plants dump some
secondary metabolites in the leaves that inhibit extraction?

Jarmo

--
Jarmo Schrader     Umea, Sweden

Before replying to my e-mail delete 'removethis.' from the address!