Ethidium Bromide -Vapors!!!

Caroline Szymeczek-Seay css at med.unc.edu
Fri Sep 24 10:59:06 EST 1999

hi,
let me preface this by saying that i almost always add EtBr after
microwaving the agarose.  but i have worked with people who like to make
up 500 ml flasks of agarose with EtBr, which they then nuke every time
they need a gel.  The compromise solution was that they, instead of
microwaving the solution with the EtBr in it, instead heated it on low
on a heat plate in the fume hood.  Works fine, as long as you don't
crank it on high.

clss