bait protein homologous to pheromone receptors in yeast 2hyb

Kevin Lam kokoro at edsamail.com.sg
Mon Apr 3 20:21:32 EST 2000

I have been having problems with my mating efficency and I read this in the CLONTECH troubleshoot guide.
I am wondering how common is this and also do I check with the protein's nucleotide sequence or protein sequence to check for homology.
In addition, is it possible that the AD fusion library may also contain proteins that are homologus to the pheromone receptors.
and what other proteins are also involved in the mating of yeast any site where I can get their names and accession number?

Thanks,
Kevin
---