Triton X-114 phase partition

Malathi Hari mhari at
Tue Apr 4 12:39:22 EST 2000

I am trying to study the prenyl modification of a samll GTPase and need to do some phase partitioning type of experiments (aq. phase vs detergent phase).
I bought TX-114 from Sigma, but ofcourse the clouding point of the stuff I
bought is not even close to 30 C becasue it happily dissolves in water at 37 C.
How do I make this work :)

Thank You in advance

Malathi Hari					(Home)
Department of Biological Science		123 Waldron Street
Purdue University				Apartment # 5
West Lafayette, IN 47907			West Lafayette, IN 47906
(765)494-9711 (Phone)				(765)746-1545
(765)494-0876 (Fax)
mhari at			malathih at
"I refrain from publishing for fear that disputes and
controversies may be raised against me by ignoramuses."
   Sir Isaac Newton, correspondence to Liebniz