Triton X-114 phase partition

Malathi Hari mhari at expert.cc.purdue.edu
Tue Apr 4 12:39:22 EST 2000

I am trying to study the prenyl modification of a samll GTPase and need to do some phase partitioning type of experiments (aq. phase vs detergent phase).
I bought TX-114 from Sigma, but ofcourse the clouding point of the stuff I
bought is not even close to 30 C becasue it happily dissolves in water at 37 C.
How do I make this work :)

Thank You in advance

Malathi

Malathi Hari					(Home)
Department of Biological Science		123 Waldron Street
Purdue University				Apartment # 5
West Lafayette, IN 47907			West Lafayette, IN 47906
(765)494-9711 (Phone)				(765)746-1545
(765)494-0876 (Fax)
mhari at bilbo.bio.purdue.edu			malathih at hotmail.com
"I refrain from publishing for fear that disputes and
controversies may be raised against me by ignoramuses."
   Sir Isaac Newton, correspondence to Liebniz