Vacuum Blotter - RNA transfer

Vellanoweth's Lab jwheele at calstatela.edu
Wed Apr 5 22:54:16 EST 2000

We've recently discarded the vacuum blotter for northern transfer.  We are now
back to the tried and true papertowel method for blotting which works
beautifully and is actually much easier, if a little longer in time.  We found
over half our sample was still in the gel with the vacuum blotter and we had
bad hybridisation success, now we are hybridising fine, with all the sample
there.

Janel Wheeler
Vellanoweth Laboratory
Cal State Univ., Los Angeles