bacterial expression/protein purification

Benny Lo benny at holmes.cancres.nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 6 16:52:27 EST 2000

> Do you know that your recombinant protein is not going into inclusion
> bodies?  They are quite resistant to most lysis methods and will require
> harsh treatment to solubilize - on the other hand, the inclusion bodies
> can be used as a first round purification step.

How would one tell if the protein expressed is going into inclusion bodies?

A separate question: I would like to express a recombinant protein in
E.coli, ideally getting high yields in the supernatant (I can add a signal
peptide in front of my protein). Is anyone aware of any good
protocols/vectors for this job?