HomeMade spin columns for 1.5 mL?

john f hess jfhess at dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Apr 7 14:46:00 EST 2000

back in the dark ages, it was possible to put poke a small (25guage) hole
in the bottom of a 500 ul tube, add a small tuft of glass wool, then put
G50 on top.  Put the small tube in a 1.5 ml tube (without a hole!).  A
couple trial spins to pack the G50 and then you have a small column to
sepearate nukes from incorporated.  I haven't done it in 10 years, and
can't remember much more detail.

cheers,

John F. Hess                                      jfhess at ucdavis.edu
Dept of Cell Biology and Human Anatomy