dam/dcm minus strains

Jens Tornoe jens at tornoe.net
Mon Apr 10 17:03:03 EST 2000

Methylation-deficient strains have a higher mutation rate during DNA
replication since they can not distinguish between the template and the
newly synthesized strand. For this reason, you don't want to grow your
plasmid in such a strain for too long. Whether they also promote
rearrangements, I haven't heard.

Jens

--
Jens Tornøe