mammalian expression/stable cell line

Song Tao-Liu S_Tao-Liu at
Mon Apr 10 18:09:37 EST 2000

Hi, everyone

I  encountered several problems in constructing an inducible stable cell

1. I used a plamid construct containing my own gene and the selectable
marker as NPT(G418), How is the possiblity of the separation of
resistance and my gene of interest? I picked up a lot of resistant foci
which turned out to be dysfunctional when evaluated by the acitivity of
my own gene. Is it common in your hands?

2. How important is the Kozak consensus when you use the ATG codon of
your own gene?

Thanks for any suggestion!