Can't freeze my comp cells!

ifg;sjg tiredkhan at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 23:53:34 EST 2000

I suggest that you keep with the Inoue method. The efficiency should be much
higher after freezing, as the freezing step is part of the process of making
high efficiency competent cells by this method. It would be good to know why
some labs find this reliable and consistent whereas others find that they
can't freeze without losing efficiency. It's probably down to just one small
thing, but what is it? Perhaps you could try using the highest quality water
that is available, and use brand new, rinsed plasticware throughout the
whole procedure so that your cells never see any traces of detergent.

news:280320001715222755%jpcd100 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk...