RNazol B - yellow samples?

Tanya Monger tanyam at ichr.uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 11 03:25:11 EST 2000

Our lab has been using RNazol B as the method for RNA extraction, where we
collect the RNA clear phase, then add isopropanol, and leave overnight at
-20oC.  Lately when we come to finish the extraction the next day the
RNA/Isopropanol mix has turned yellow.

Does anyone know why this happens, and is this a problem with RNA quantity
and quality?  One thought is that it may be the isopropanol causing the

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated!

Ms Tanya Monger
Research Assistant
Division of Cell Biology

TVW Telethon Institute for Child Health Research
(Company Limited by Guarantee)
Western Australia

Fax 61 8 9388 3414