RNazol B - yellow samples?

Tanya Monger tanyam at ichr.uwa.edu.au
Tue Apr 11 03:25:11 EST 2000

Our lab has been using RNazol B as the method for RNA extraction, where we
collect the RNA clear phase, then add isopropanol, and leave overnight at
-20oC.  Lately when we come to finish the extraction the next day the
RNA/Isopropanol mix has turned yellow.

Does anyone know why this happens, and is this a problem with RNA quantity
and quality?  One thought is that it may be the isopropanol causing the
yellowness??

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Tanya

--
Ms Tanya Monger
Research Assistant

TVW Telethon Institute for Child Health Research
(Company Limited by Guarantee)
Western Australia

Fax 61 8 9388 3414