Excess DNA in PCR templates

Andy Scotter pcxajs at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Apr 12 06:14:14 EST 2000

	Hello all!

	I'm looking to create PCR products that will have about 20-30 bp
of DNA at each end of my coding sequence that will eventually be cut off
by restriction endonucleases.  I would like these sequences to be
compatable with some primers I already have that are from sequences of
plasmid DNA.  Does anyone have any experience of using plasmid DNA
sequences (20-30bp) at each end of a PCR product?  Will it be OK to use
this shortcut to introduce sites for amplification of the product?
	It would be an awful lot quicker than designing random sequences
of DNA to go at the ends of my fill-in templates and cheaper as I already
have the primers for the eventual product.

	Thanks in advance,

	Andy

Andy Scotter
Department of Chemistry