Acrylamide gel expansion during staining

Jonathan Warawa J.Warawa at
Wed Apr 12 07:29:41 EST 2000

I also have found that water will cause PAGE gels to expand, but a
solution of 45%water, 45%methanol, 10% acetic acid  will make a gel shrink
(staining solution used for coomassie).  Perhaps a mix of the two
solutions will maintain gel size.
Good luck