Useful website

tweissen at my-deja.com tweissen at my-deja.com
Thu Apr 13 06:36:28 EST 2000

Hi John,

I tried it about 2 month ago and wrote a quick comment about
the merits (or lack thereof :-) ) of premixed dNTPs.
Didn't recieve the promised subscription to BioTechniques,
25 bucks, nor -like you- the laser pointer.
Maybe they only reward favourable comments...?

Thomas

Thomas Weissensteiner
Edward Jenner Institute for Vaccine Research
Compton RG20 7NN
FAX: 0044 1635 577901
http://www.horizonpress.com/gateway/pcr.html

In article <38F47B52.249BD7A7 at molbiol.ox.ac.uk>,
  sinclair at molbiol.ox.ac.uk wrote:
> Apologies if this has been posted here before, but I haven't seen it,
> and I think it's worth a look for those on this newsgroup since it
seems
> to deal with alot of the same themes (which products to buy and hints
> and tips on using them). I've recently come across a site:
>
> http://www.biowire.com/
>
> which aims to gather reviews from scientists on a massive range of
> commercially available bioscience consumables. They supposedly send
you
> a laser pointer just for registering (which I never recieved, maybe
> because I'm overseas) and small amounts of cash for writing short
> reviews on the things you use (I did get a cheque, much to my
surprise,
> which I haven't cashed but assume will clear). Moreover, I haven't, in
> the month since registering, received any junk mail or e-mail as a
> result.
>
> I don't know what stops manufacturers posting their own, brochure-
style
> reviews to this site or how the site owners can afford to pay out, but
> I've found the site very informative and think its worth encouraging.
> It's certainly worth checking out before buying a product new to your
> lab or to pick up tips on ones you currently use. And if you're a kind
> person, you can type "sinclair" in the referrer ID box...
>
> ;o)
>
> John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.