biowire: annoying spam

Frank O. Fackelmayer Frank.Fackelmayer at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Apr 19 06:18:28 EST 2000

Hi all,
we have seen quite some spam posts here about biowire.com, describing
the "benefits" of registering there, and pointing to the site with a
referrer-ID of the spammer. In this way, the spammer want to earn cash
for simply pointing us to a site of limited usefulness. Once you go to
that site, you are asked to register and in turn receive a free laser
pointer. I have registered there, for pure curiosity, several weeks ago,
but have not heard from them since, nor received the laser pointer.  I
suspect they don´t send them at all, but simply want to gather data for
further merchandising.
Or has anyone out there really received the laser pointer simply for
registering? What are you thinking about it?

Frank