Problems with GST fusion protein

Eva Chen yi-hui.chen at mcmail.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Apr 21 11:18:17 EST 2000

Is there anybody having experience on the purification of GST fusion
proteins?
Our lab doesn't have much experience and now there has been a serious
problem of degradation of the GST fusion protein. We have tried the
protease inhibitor from Sigma and Roche, and the whole purification
process was done in a 4 C cold room. But the proteolysed products are
still there.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Please reply to my e-mail
address if it's possible. Thank you all for your attention!

Eva Y. Chen
yi-hui.chen at mcmail.vanderbilt.edu
Jim Sutcliffe Lab
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
Nashville, TN 37232
USA