pCruz-OctaA vectors

Dr Richard Hastings rah22 at le.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 05:26:37 EST 2000

Hello everyone,

I've recently brought Santa Cruz's FLAG tag vectors (which, incidentally,
are now discontinued) and was shocked to find that they don't supply the
sequence of the vector. They don't even give you a restriction map!! All
they supply is the sequence of the polylinker with unique sites marked in. I
think this is outrageous so I got onto the company to try and get the
sequence. They wouldn't let me have it though. I don't even know if it is a
high or low copy number plasmid - though I suspect its the latter judging
from the yields I'm getting from my plasmid preps.

Has anyone out there got a map or even better the sequence of this vector.
Or does anyone know whether it is a low copy number plasmid?

If you intend to buy a vector from Santa Cruz don't make the same mistake I
made, find out whether they will give you the sequence or map before you
buy.

Thanks,
Richard