Membrane formation during cell growth ????????

Susanne Rohrer srohrer at
Fri Apr 28 10:57:48 EST 2000

yj7107 at hotmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for your adivce !
>
> I read those !
> But I still do not know how fatty acid synthesized ?
> When we culture tumor cell in in vitro, the cells make fatty
> acid from small molecule( 2 carbon unit or more) or take it
> from outer cellular space ?

The chapter in Alberts summarizes how it is done, and fatty acid/lipid
synthesis should be covered in any biochemistry book. Ask your
colleagues, ask your boss, or read a book.

In my opinion, this newsgroup is not here to do your homework. It is
about molecular biology methods. (just in case you don't know).

Susanne