Plasmid drawing software.

Gys de Jongh GysdeJongh at compuserve.com
Fri Apr 28 15:04:05 EST 2000

"Susanne Rohrer" <srohrer@\"removethis\"immv.unizh.ch> wrote in message
news:3909b2ef at rzunews1.unizh.ch...

> rogier wrote:
>
> > You can draw plasmids with Jellyfish, from biowire.
> > http://www.biowire.com/bw_jsp/gate_top.jsp?add=1&referrer=rogier
>
> I just downloaded the program and tried it the first time. Either I am really
> stupid, and the program is too good for me, or the program sucks, because it
> did not even find the ORFs I am working on. (should be a rather simple
> operation)
>
> And Rogier, you will not get the five bucks from me...

Hi,
bioedit can draw plasmids and it is free :
http://www.mbio.ncsu.edu/RNaseP/info/programs/BIOEDIT/bioedit.html

DAMBE does not draw plasmids but will not send laser pointers either
http://web.hku.hk/~xxia/software/software.htm

OMIGA from oxford molecular can draw any plasmid but will cost you tons of laser
pointers.

--
Gys