pET-8c

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer PGegen at UKans.nolospamare.edu
Tue Aug 1 12:54:18 EST 2000

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:44:32, "Richard P. Grant" <rgrant at netscape.net> wrote:

ð OK, so WTF is pET-8c?  I can find numerous instances of its use, but
ð it's not listed at Novagen, nor at VectorDB.

As other posters have said, pET8c is now called pET3d. We've used pET8c
extensively and were also confused by the name change... It's identical to
pET3c except that the NdeI cloning site (2-base overhang) is replaced by NcoI
(4-base overhang, compatible with AflIII). The sequence of the cloning region
is in the Novagen catalogue.

| Dr. Peter Gegenheimer       | Vox: 785-864-3939  FAX: 785-864-5321   |
| Department of               |   PGegen at UKans.nospam.edu              |
|   Molecular Biosciences     |   http://rnaworld.bio.ukans.edu/       |
| University of Kansas        |"When you have excluded the impossible, |
| 2045 Haworth Hall           |  whatever remains, however improbable, |
| Lawrence  KS  66045-2106    |  must be the truth."      S. Holmes    |