{Q} Effective Inverse PCR?

Andreas Firzinger a_firzinger at my-deja.com
Thu Aug 3 04:48:25 EST 2000

In article <rsaldanh-0208002039210001 at dhcp-133-151.icmb.utexas.edu>,
  rsaldanh at mail.utexas.edu (Roland Saldanha) wrote:
> In article <020820001614466447%dmicklem at cmgm.nospam.invalid>, David
> Micklem <dmicklem at cmgm.nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
> > In article <8m8usc$hs2$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, Andreas Firzinger
> > <a_firzinger at my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> >  and 4units
> > >T4 ligase/µl, this means 300 units T4 ligase in one reaction!!

[snipped]

> I am unfamiliar with the Biotechniques paper but they may be using
> Cohesive End Ligation Units (used by several manufacturers like NEB
and
> defined as giving 50% ligation of HindIII digest of lambda in 30 min
at 16
> C). One Weiss Unit = 67 Cohesive End Ligation units according to the
NEB
> catalog.  Hence you are using about 137 cohesive end units.
>
> Roland

Never heard of such a unit-definition before, but
you may be right. I had a look at the paper again. Authors did not
explain their unit-definition, but they ligated cohesive ends
(BamHI and BglII) and they used T4-DNA-ligase from New England
Biolabs (NEB??).

Ciao,

Andreas:)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/