determine 5'-end of cDNA

yang gyang at med.unc.edu
Thu Aug 3 17:42:27 EST 2000

I am sure lots of experienced molecular biologist over there. Does
anybody know a good method for determining 5'-end of cDNA?

Right now I am using Primer Extension System (AMV reverse transciptase)
from Promega. This kit works fine, but the sensitivity is not
satisfactory, so lots of RNA needed for getting a visible band on PAGE
gel. Because the amount of my RNA samples is limited, I am wondering if
there is any improvements to this system or any other better kit for
this kind of use. I will be grateful to any suggestions!

Gen Y. Yang
Department of Cell Biology
UNC-CH, USA

---