{Q} Effective Inverse PCR?

David Micklem dmicklem at cmgm.nospam.invalid
Thu Aug 3 21:14:53 EST 2000

In article <8mbf58$e4e$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, Andreas Firzinger
>Never heard of such a unit-definition before, but
>you may be right. I had a look at the paper again. Authors did not
>explain their unit-definition, but they ligated cohesive ends
>(BamHI and BglII) and they used T4-DNA-ligase from New England
>Biolabs (NEB??).
>
>Ciao,
>
>Andreas:)

NEB = New England Biolabs = the best ligase available (IMO).

And yes, NEB use cohesive-end ligation units rather than Weiss, where 1
NEB unit = 0.015 Weiss. Measuring the activity of a ligase by its
ability to ligate DNA always seemed utterly sensible to me....

David

--
D.R. Micklem,          Time flies like an arrow... Fruit flies like a banana.
Beckman Center,        Email:dmicklem at cmgm.stanford.edu
Stanford University    Phone: +1 (650) 723-6650
Stanford, Ca 94305       Fax: +1 (650) 725-6044
USA                    Unsolicited email will incur a US$100 processing charge.