pcr dna purification for sequencing

Biopolymer Facility biopolymer at sc3101.med.buffalo.edu
Fri Aug 4 10:51:09 EST 2000

>hi everyone.
>how are you?
>my question is:
>what is the best method of purification of pcr products for sequencing?
>could you perhaps sketch the protocol briefly?
>hopefully someone will the take the time to help me out by answering this
>thank you very much:)

Hi Alex,
I work in a DNA sequencing core facility and I find that some of the best
results come from people who clean up their PCR reactions using an
exonuclease/shrimp alkaline phosphatase protocol. I don't have the protocol
in front of me but I believe it's relatively simple.

Biopolymer Facility
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Buffalo, NY   14263
Phone: (716) 845-8032