Non isotopic versus 32P genomic screening

Chris LaRosa clarosa at biocomp.unl.edu
Fri Aug 4 15:27:15 EST 2000

I am in the conceptual stage of looking for some retroviral markers in
fish.   It has been proposed to me that one course of action is to
construct genomic libraries and to perform screening for these markers.

It has been quite a few years since I last embarked on a genomic
screening project and technology has changed.   In the old days 32 p
labelled probes was the only course.   Todays alternatives include
various no radiactive probe methods....

Can any of you hands on experts comment on the utility of nonradiactive
probes for genomic screening????

Chris LaRosa