How to screen subtracted library?

Komala Ponniah komala at
Sun Aug 6 00:42:14 EST 2000

Dear folks,

Wonder if anyone can give me some advice. I have just completed constructing
a subtracted library and thinking of the best method to screen for
differentially expressed genes. I used the clontech PCR select kit and now
have about 1000 clones. Is it easier to just follow their recommendations or
is there an alternative way of screening. They  have recommended using the
PCR products as probes (would it be enough?), for both subtracted and
unsubtracted controls. I am thinking of doing colony hybridisation since it
is much cheaper. I sure hope someone out there can help. Thanks.