DNA quantification by fluorometry

Maxy mariasegNOmaSPAM at hotmail.com.invalid
Mon Aug 7 08:04:25 EST 2000

Hi Justin,

Thanks very much for your suggestions. Your encouragement
couldn't come at a better time. I have spent the last six months
mucking around with spectrophotmetric measurement, only to find
later that the variation (for duplicates) was unbelievable. Just
recently, I found the little DyNA Quant 200 lurking in our
department  cupboards and decided to test it out.

My current approach involves replacing the assay solution for
each new test sample, as well as giving the cuvette a thorough
clean between readings. From your reply, I gather that this is
not necessary, in so far as I take take note of the difference
between readings.  This would be a huge time saving step. I look
forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Max (mariaseg at hotmail.com)

Maxy Mariasegaram
PhD student
University of Melbourne, Australia
E-mail: mariaseg at hotmail.com

Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com