DIG-based colony screening

Michael Prigge prigge at umich.edu
Tue Aug 8 11:13:27 EST 2000

In article <39900F6A.8731F7C7 at biocomp.unl.edu>, Chris LaRosa
<clarosa at biocomp.unl.edu> wrote:

> Apparantly there is a DIG based colony screening protocol .. I wonder
> what that is ...Something to keep in mind if you want to try a
> nonradiactive screening protocol.

I used a DIG for screening for BAC and cosmid colonies and for lambda
plaques.  Although I did not get an answer why, the
AP-chemiluminescence protocol doesn't work so well with nitrocellulose
filters necesitating the more expensive nylon filters.  I switched to
using the anti-DIG-peroxidase antibody for detection and a
luminol-based kit for detection.  This worked beautifully for
nitrocellulose.
Mike