Purification of GST fusions with sarkosyl

jlight at sickkids.on.ca jlight at sickkids.on.ca
Wed Aug 9 04:00:50 EST 2000

I've tried repeatedly to purify GST fusion proteins in the presence of
sarkosyl i.e. the Frangioni and Neel procedure (Anal. Biochem 1993) with
marginal success.  The GST fusion protein sulubilizes find in sarkosyl, but
won't bind to Glutathione Sepharose. The literature is split between people
who get it to work and others who, like me, can't get it to work.  I'd
really like to hear from someone who has had problems with this procedure,
and was finally successful after making some critical modifications.
Thanks.

---